TUFFSHELL® all-composite Type 4 cylinders are simply the best combination of safety, efficiency, and durability available in the market. Their lightweight construction — 30% the weight of steel — improves vehicle range, payload and handling. Reduced fuel consumption is good for the environment and even better for your bottom line. You’ll find TUFFSHELL® cylinders in applications around the world. TUFFSHELL® cylinders are used in 80% of European and 85% of North American transit buses, including Los Angeles, Atlanta, New York City, Washington D.C. and Vancouver. Plus, they are installed in a variety of commercial vehicles, including Class 8 trucks, refuse trucks, concrete mixers, and delivery trucks.
- Lightweight cylinder with lightweight carbon/glass fiber hybrid wrap
- Even lighter weight cylinder with all carbon fiber wrap
- High-strength, super-tough construction reduces impact damage and fatigue
- Dome protection against abrasions and scuffs
- Polymer liner is corrosion-free
- Precision-machined valve interface ensures leak-free operation
- Available in both strap mount and boss mount designs for maximum packaging efficiency
- Expansive list of standard sizes available for vehicles big and small
- Designed to be maintenance-free with reduced inspection costs
- Boss mount design isolates cylinders from torsional forces
TUFFSHELL® cylinders come equipped with state-of-the-art pressure relief devices. If the ambient temperature surrounding the cylinder reaches 230°F/110°C, the cylinder contents will be vented into the atmosphere. TUFFSHELL® cylinders have proved their durability when tested in the field by severe accidents.
- Agility’s cylinders are designed, manufactured, tested, and qualified according to the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation (US DOT), National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 304, Compressed Natural Gas Fuel Container Integrity.
- They also meet the requirements of ANSI/NGV 2 (2007), Basic Requirements for Compressed Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Fuel Containers.
- Our cylinders exported globally meet ISO 11439, ECE R110, ADR/TPED, Russian GOST, Korean KGSC, and many other national standards.